We are on our second week of vacation, here on our United States tour. Three locations in three weeks and no matter where we are the rules for a healthy vacation with kids are the same. Here are my best tips for keeping your healthy lifestyle and good habits going for your family on vacation.
Trips and Activities:
Snacks: Kids love to snack on trips, who has time to stop playing long enough for a meal?
1. Bring a smaller insulated bag.
This is perfect for small size yogurts, Kind granola bars, fruit and vegetables.
(hack) You can get cut up for you vegetables and fruit at your kosher market or un certified at almost every cafe in every play area. You will pay a premium, but save the effort.
Think about what makes vacation for you in food terms? Ice cream? cookies? no need to prep?
1. Do whatever makes you happy even if it isn't healthy. But keep the rest healthy, organized and prepared.
(hack) Pick one single indulgence every day of vacation and also pick one area to put effort into, so that you feel righteous and comforted all at the same time.
Guest on Vacation
Are you a guest at a Hotel, Inn or family member on vacation?
What should you do when you have less control to stay in balance? A healthy vacation with kids requires some thought, especially when you are not doing the shopping.
1. Fill up on fruit and vegetables. Try to eat a vegetable at every meal and fruit for snacks.
2. Remember a perfect plate. One half filled with vegetables and 1/4 with protein and 1/4 with carbohydrates.
3. Skip the sweets and desserts unless you also priortize daily movement.
The most important tip for a healthy vacation with kids is to relax and enjoy. Your tension is your worst enemy. Leave guilt, frustration and expectations at home and keep pleasure, gratitude and optimism close at hand.
What are your best tips to stay healthy on vacation with kids?