Quinoa Buckwheat Pilaf
This three grain gluten free dish is earthy and delicious.
The buckwheat and black lentils also make this a money saving recipe since they are much more affordable than the quinoa.
1 Cup dry quinoa
1 Cup dry buckwheat
1 Cup dry black lentils
6 Cups boiling water
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Boil the water in a kettle.
2. Toast the grains in a pot with the olive oil and salt for 30 seconds until fragrant and slicked with oil.
3. Pour the boiling water carefully into the pot and set on simmer.
4. Simmer covered until the water is mostly evaporated whole form in the pilaf, then turn off the flame a leave covered for 10 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and serve
1. Saute 1 shredded carrot and 1 small onion in another 1 tablespoon of olive oil before you add the dry grains.
2. Add ⅓ cup of golden raisins 1 teaspoon of cumin the the water when you add it to the pot.
3. Swap the salt for 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and add 1 cup frozen peas when you shut off the flame.