Egg White Omelet with Mushroom Tomato & Cheddar
Shift Shop Recipe!!!! Make the Shift with us
Count: 1 GREEN 1RED 1/2 BLUE
Also Sugar Detox Approved
8 large egg whites (1 cup)
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup sliced mushrooms
2 green onions, chopped (reserve 1 for garnish)
½ medium tomato, chopped (reserve a small amount for garnish, if desired)
2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese (½ oz.).
1. Combine egg whites and pepper, if desired, in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside. 2. Heat small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
3. Add mushrooms, green onions, and tomato; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from skillet.
4. Place eggs in same skillet; cook, over medium-low heat. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
5. When eggs are almost set, add mushroom mixture and cheese; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt. Gently fold in half.
6. Garnish with green onion and tomato, if desired.