Rosemary Roast Beef
This is great meat-eater pleaser and a leaner way to enjoy beef.
Remember quality counts, so when you splurge on beef make sure it is natural, grass fed, and anti-biotic free. In Israel, look for meat from argentina that says טבאי or natural.
2 Kilo (5 lbs sirloin)
Coarse ground salt
Fresh ground pepper
Long stems of fresh rosemary (grows wild everywhere in Israel)
Preheat the oven to 200 C, 400 F
1. Rinse and dry the roast, then lie on a lined baking pan
2. Sprinkle the salt and pepper and parprika all over every side of the meat
3. Wrap the rosemary around the roast and use a oven safe twist tie or rubberband to bind the rosemary.
4. Roast uncovered until the thermometer read 70 C in the middle of the roast. (about an hour)
5. Tent with tin foil and let rest until it comes to room tempterture.
6. Slice thin and serve cold.
For great leftovers and 1 cup of boiling water to 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and chop up the leftover meat.
Simmer together and enjoy on crusty whole wheat bread or a quinoa/buckwheat pilaf.