Slow Cooker Beef Cooker
SHIFT SHOP RECIPE!!! Make the Shift with Us
Count: 1 GREEN 1 RED 1 YELLOW 1/2 tsp
Also Sugar Detox Approved
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1½ lbs. raw extra lean beef chuck, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
¼ cup tomato paste, no sugar added
2 Tbsp. chili powder ¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over high heat.
2. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-high.
3. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
5. Place beef mixture in a 3-quart slow cooker.
6. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well; cover. Cook on high for 3 hours.
7. Add beans; cover. Cook for 1 to 1½ hours, or until beef is tender.