Southwestern Egg Cups
SHIFT SHOP RECIPE!!!! Make the shift with us.
Count (1 Serving = 2 Egg Cups): 1 GREEN 1/2 RED 1/2 YELLOW 1/2 BLUE
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
16 large egg whites (2 cups)
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
12 medium jalapeño peppers, seeds and veins removed, chopped
1½ cups black beans
6 oz. cheddar cheese (about ¾ cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Lightly coat a twelve-cup muffin tin with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide jalapeños, beans, and cheese between prepared muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg mixture over jalapeño mixture.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean, and eggs are set.